Criminal Law

The team at Brooke Winter Solicitors has extensive experience in Criminal Law.

If you’re facing charges or a criminal investigation, an experienced defence lawyer can make all the difference in achieving the best outcome for your case. At Brooke Winter Solicitors, with an ex-police prosecutor on staff, our criminal lawyers know both sides of the law. And we’re on your side.

our lawyers

A criminal lawyer can work with you to understand your options. This might take the form of legal advice, representation in court, or even just giving you some clarity about where you stand.

Brooke Winter Solicitors can take some of the stress and uncertainty out of this difficult situation. We’ll make sure you are aware of each step in the process, and work together with you to achieve the best possible outcome.

Our criminal lawyers can represent you in Brisbane, the Gold CoastHobart and regional Queensland or Tasmanian courts. To learn more about how we can work with you on criminal law matters, contact us now for a phone consultation.

What Can Criminal Lawyers Do?

Quick and accurate advice from a specialised criminal lawyer is essential to protect your rights. Brooke Winter Solicitors can give you professional advice and representation for all criminal law matters including:

Criminal Charges & Police Investigations

Have you been charged by the Queensland Police?

Criminal and police investigations might happen suddenly – and they can have serious implications. So, what are the next steps?

After Being Arrested

If you are arrested by the police, then you have the right to telephone a friend, relative or lawyer of your choice. Although it might be tempting to contact a friend or relative, it’s a good idea to use the opportunity to speak to a criminal lawyer. When you contact a criminal lawyer, you’ll get legal advice about your situation. You can use this advice to help you with decisions  – such as what you say or don’t say to the police.

Before you speak to a criminal lawyer, you should exercise your right to remain silent. This means that you should avoid saying anything, making statements, or answering questions until you’ve received legal advice.

You should, however, share your name and contact details with police when requested. Also, make sure you comply with their instructions and avoid obstructing them in any way. If you obstruct the police in the performance of their duties, you can be charged.

For more information, contact Brooke Winter Solicitors for a phone consultation. We’ll help you to get a handle on your situation and start working towards the best possible outcome.

Request free Consultation

Free initial consultation limited to 10 minute telephone advice.
Go to top