A probation order is an order in which you are released on upon sentence in a magistrates court. It can be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.
While on probation, you will be required to comply with a set of requirements such as:
- Reporting to a probation office upon your release.
- Not committing further offences.
- Participating in any programs which your officer requires you to do.
- Getting permission to leave the state.
- Notifying the probation office if you change your address
If you don’t agree to a probation order, the magistrate will sentence you to another form of punishment such as a term of imprisonment.
Brooke Winter Solicitors can assist you with traffic law matters. If you’ve been charged with drink driving, contact us for a free initial phone consultation. We’ll assist you to understand your options.