You may be wondering what happens after being charged by the police.

If you’ve been charged by the police and you need to go to court, there are a few options available to you. You can plead guilty to the offence, plead not guilty to the offence, or make submissions or representations to the police.

Making submissions or representations involves negotiation. This is about requesting that the police revise the charge that has been made against you in some way, or the facts associated with the charge. You might be requesting a change or amendment to the charge, or you might be requesting that the charge is withdrawn.

You can put a submission to the police if you have reasonable grounds for requesting it. If you’re unsure whether this is the case in your situation, you can obtain legal assistance.

Brooke Winter Solicitors have experienced criminal lawyers available to assist you with criminal law matters.
For more information about your options, contact us to arrange a free initial phone consultation.